Skip to main content

SHOCKER!!! Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN


SAN NL 700x388 SHOCKER!!! Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN  



A 53-year-old primary school certificate holder, Moses Olayemi, has been arraigned before an Ikeja High Court for defrauding a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

Olayemi, who was charged with
two counts of conspiracy to commit felony, was alleged to have defrauded Dr Aliyu Salimon (SAN) under the pretext of conducting a National Assembly screening for a Federal Government appointment.

According to Dr Salimon, he was coerced into paying N2.5 million into a Skye Bank account, only for him to realise that he had been duped.

“I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin for an INEC case when I received a call from someone who claimed that he was the Chairman of a  committee compiling the list of people to be given Federal Government appointment.

“He asked me to send my CV, which I did from a nearby cyber cafe. He then asked me to pay N150,000 for him to get security report about me,” he said.

The learned SAN, however, pointed out that after several conversations on phone, he sent N2.5 million to an account belonging to one Moses Babatunde, adding that he paid the money, believing it would help him get a better job.

“I paid the money thinking it would help me get a better job. It was after I paid the money that I was told that the job had been given to someone else,” he said.

In his own statement, the accused, Moses Olayemi, denied the accusations, adding that he never collected any money from the SAN.

“My friend, Akpan, asked me if I have a Skye Bank account but since I did not have one, I got that of my friend Babatunde. It was when we went to withdraw the money that we were apprehended and handed over to EFCC,” he said.

The accused was denied bail by Justice Lawal Akapo on the grounds that he is a convicted criminal who jumped bail in Kano State and fled to Lagos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari in Lagos, says looters will go to prison

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday said that his administration would recover all looted public funds and deal decisively with perpetrators of corruption. Buhari said: “Let me assure you that whoever has stolen our money, we will get hold of, take whatever they have stolen and keep them in prison. It is our duty and responsibility, we will do it.’’ President Muhammadu Buhari Buhari made the declaration in Lagos while speaking at the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential rally. A National Leader of the party, Chief Bola Tinubu; Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; APC National Chairman, Mr Adams Oshiomole; Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, and Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, were with the president at the rally. Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos, Gov. Ibikunle Amosun (Oyo), Gov. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti) and Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), were some of the other top government and party personalities were at the rally. Buhari said h...

Breaking: INEC National Collation Center Sealed Off By Soldiers, As Jega Is Barred From Announcing Result

The Paradigm-  Information reaching The Paradigm reveals alleged plans by Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark, National Security Adviser

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into